- A Passion to Lead Seven Leadership Secrets for Success in Business, Sports, and Life
- Author: Jim Calhoun
- Hardcover: 288 pages
- Publisher: St Martin's Press; 1st edition (October 2, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0312362714
- ISBN-13: 9780312362713
- Genre: Non Fiction, Self-Help
Motivation…Success…Leadership…Passion. Hall of Fame college basketball coach Jim Calhoun shares his secrets for success for the first time ever. Coach Jim Calhoun is one of the most successful coaches in college basketball history. Having sent countless players to the NBA, Coach Calhoun is known for producing not just great athletes but great human beings. He is both an exceptional leader and self-made man whose ability to motivate and inspire young men is unsurpassed. In A Passion to Lead, he shares the fundamental principles that have allowed him to have an impact on so many.
When he took command of the Connecticut Huskies, the team had had a losing record for five straight seasons. In twenty-one years of leadership, Calhoun has transformed a middling regional program into a national powerhouse with two NCAA championships.
But what makes Coach Calhoun such an excellent leader? How did he take a program with a modest tradition and turn it into a national champ and perennial title contender? What is his management style? What are his motivational techniques?
Calhoun reveals them here and includes anecdotes about his life as a coach, family man, and, ultimately, a teacher--as well as the following key principles:
- Win Every Day: Talent determines what you can do in life. Motivation determines what you decide to do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
- Standards, Then Victories: To build a winning organization, establish a culture of winning and make everyone accountable. Out of high standards come victories.
- Tough Love: Pushing is only half the equation. Individuals perform best when they feel good about themselves.
- And much more.
A Passion to Lead is for all those who are serious about making their dreams a reality. It’s a motivational tool for achieving success both at work and in life, and it can help turn any adversity into an advantage.
About the Author
JIM CALHOUN is the legendary coach of the University of Connecticut Huskies. He is among the winningest coaches in NCAA History. He is also one of only 5 active Division I coaches with at least 750 career wins. His Huskies captured the NCAA National Championship in 1999 and 2004. In 2005, Jim Calhoun was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. He lives in Connecticut. RICHARD ERNSBERGER, JR. is a veteran journalist who spent twenty years as a writer, correspondent, and senior editor with Newsweek magazine. He is the author of two successful books, Bragging Rights and God, Pepsi, and Groovin" on the High Side.
This books is like new! MSRP $24.95 USA / $28.95 Canada
Browse More Categories here: